Thursday, August 16, 2007

Deja vu all over again

It’s hard enough getting my courage together to talk to a computer without that little “tah –dah” sound my computer makes on start-up.

It’s almost as if the computer is saying, “All right folks, now watch this!”

Oh, the pressure.

Of course I could simply turn it off, but what’s the fun in that. I like a good challenge, some more than others. Especially challenges that don’t involve pain and getting over thereof.

Speaking of which, each morning I strap on my black elbow braces (I’m vascilling between referring to them as my wonder woman magic bracelets and looking like I’m ready to take a piece out of somebody) with a sense of déjà vu.

About 15 years ago, I was doing the same thing. The elbow braces were less high-tech (a foam - lined plastic cuff with a woven strap) but the condition was much the same. My wedding gown had those detachable sleeves in case I needed them to cover my braces, because without them (the braces, not the sleeves) I was worried that have been be able to carry my bouquet down the aisle.

But that pain went away (after the stress of planning the wedding was over, and after lost my job) and this pain will go away too.

I don’t even want to wonder to the universe what I’ll have to give up in order to make this one better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope you don't have to give up the marriage! ! ! ;> ;>