Saturday, March 31, 2007

One Good Homage Deserves Another...

This exercise sounded like fun...with thanks to SF for the idea.

------------------------

If I was an hour of the day... I would be lunch hour.
If I was a planet... I would be Pluto, distant, with one foot in another galaxy yet fighting like hell to still be called a planet in this solar system.
If I was a direction... I would be “make sure all components are properly aligned before use.”
If I was a piece of furniture... I would be an armoire, stuffed with treasures.
If I was a liquid... I would soak into the carpet.
If I was a sin... I would be blasphemy.
If I was a rock... I’d be metamorphic.
If I was a tree... I would be a weeping willow. (they’re stronger than they look, you know)
If I was a fruit... I would have to divorce my husband. (And no, this is not meant to be a slur of any kind. Anyone who knows me knows better)
If I was a flower... I would be an African violet…difficult to maintain but worth the effort.
If I was a musical instrument... I would be a lute.
If I was an element... I would be oxygen.
If I was color... I would be Pantone #370.
If I was an animal... I would be a Siamese cat.
If I was a sound... I would be the rhythmic whirring of an MRI.
If I was music... I would be anything sung by Billie Holliday.
If I was a music style... I would be big band.
If I was a feeling... I would be that moment of dread when you just realized you locked your keys in your car.
If I was a book... I would be a dictionary. (Hey, that’s where ALL the words live)
If I was a food... I would be California rolls with a side of pickled ginger and wasabi.
If I was a place... I would be that point in the horizon where two parallel lines intersect.
If I was a flavor... I would be vanilla almond.
If I was a scent... that smell coming from behind the wall that no one can quite identify.
If I was a word... I would be “verisimilitude.”
If I was a verb... I would be either “write” or “survive.”
If I was an object... I would not necessarily agree with my subject.
If I was a part of the body... I would be the hollow in a collar bone
If I was a facial expression... I would be a raised eyebrow.
If I was a cartoon character... I would be – who else – Bugs Bunny.
If I was a movie... I would want to be "Koyanaskatsi” but I’m probably more like “The Philadelphia Story.”
If I was a form… I would be the one they make you sign proving you didn’t have to fill out the other form.
If I was a number... “I am not a number!! I am a human being!”
If I was a season... I would be January Thaw.
If I was a sentence... I would be a fragment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent -- and very creative.
Annonymous from the West Coast -- of Florida.

Nate said...

Heh, "I am not a number!"

Laurie Boris said...

Thanks, I was hoping someone would get that reference... ;)

Nate said...

Hmm, and the last one os oh-so accurate, if ya know what I mean (and if you don't check your e-mail).